Everyone does it. Do you?!

2008/04/27

Last week trip



Last week i went to Wu Tai Shan.
A tour. Chinese tour. Yellow flag for the guide, running from one place to another, 3 meals and hotel for one night included. Despite all rumors about chinese tours, this one was quite nice. There are so many things to see there, without a good guide you can waste a lot of time and miss a lot of stuff.

Packed with a j and a small piece of shit on me (plus all thc gathered in one sleepless night), i left home at about 5am. Meet my guys in front of the office, took a taxi and went to the bus. Somewhere near the Lama Temple. And Star Live Hall, where last summer i've seen Testament.

Our troop is made of 7. 3 guys, 4 girls. 2 couples, which means 2 girls left for me :D Heh, one of them is from my team (another story later), the other one looks good, but she's like a bad witch. This gothic style doesn't impress me much lately and it really doesn't fit the sweet chinese girls. Yeah, in my opinion chinese girls are very sweet. At least outside... because there's a little evil inside. :)

Enough about girls for now. Let's get back to the sacred place where i've been. The last part of the ride was a tough one. We where climbing the mountain on serpents filled with coal trucks. Dark worms, running loudly. And we had a...driver? Maybe. But i think they found him in a mental institution. By luck, we got there safe.



First impression was not that good. Everything was under construction, like every place i've been in China since i'm here.



But the place got more and more interesting for me.







Temples on high mountains, amazing smell in the air because of the burning incense sticks, Buddhist monks, mystical music... I've sense the peace of mind in the real way.

The day was exhausting, but pleasant. He had dinner in a cheap looking place, but it was the first time when i really liked the food i had in my trips.
The hotel was looking pretty bad outside, but the rooms were like new.

I had a long talk with my buddy Lanky till he felt asleep and i went out to enjoy a moment of silence with my smoke. Being as high as 2500m above the sea level, here i am in the rain, watching the moon and enjoying my spliff. What a relief!



That was our first day. Sunday morning, woke up at 5. Left at 5.30, with our empty stomachs to the temple, to pray. This is the tradition, so we had to follow.
I was surprised to see so many people awake at that time. The temple was crowded, inside and outside. Huge flames of fire from the incenses.

A local show was playing somekind of Beijing Opera and many people were just standing in the raining watching. Including me. Since i got an energy drink as soon as i woke up, in wouldn't be a good thing for me to pray. You must be empty inside when you want your prayers to be listened.

Next checkpoint was a tough one for me. One thousand steps to the next temple, to enlight your mind and find your wisdom. My 'supporters' were pretty surprised i made it. What they didn't knew was that i really wanted to get there. Why? Curiosity, desire to get higher, hope... And the rain helped. Like a monk said, when one of the girls asked him: "Does it has a meaning if you climb the one thousand steps in the rain?" and the monk replied: "Yes, of course, It's cool" :)

Still, it is said that the best time to go to a temple and pray is in a rainy day. It makes the connection between you and the deities more profound. God, whatever his name is, gets more close.






Niciun comentariu: